Re: Bazaar to Git status

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Bazaar to Git status
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:54:31 +0200

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Glenn Morris <address@hidden>:
>> "Eric S. Raymond" wrote:
>>
>> > I reckon this to be about a day and a half of work.  I'll schedule
>> > it when we start seriously discussing a cutover date.
>>
>> Sounds backwards to me. I'd expect the date to be dependent on these
>> issues having being fixed first.
>
> You don't seriously think we're going to schedule less than a month
> in asdvance, do you?

The feature in question concern Git work in general as far as I can see,
and there is no technical point in delaying it until Emacs itself moves
to Git.

"I'll not be motivated to do that before the move is actually about to
happen" (which I suspect to be the actual situation) is not a "rational"
consideration.  At any rate: an earlier implementation means more
testing before the move.  Depending on what other problems crop up while
moving, having this one out of one's hair early might be prudent.

--
David Kastrup