Displaying images with recent trunk

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Displaying images with recent trunk
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:37:34 +0200

I wonder if someone has tried to display imaged with trunk, say, after Aug 05, 2014.

For example try this:

1. emacs -Q

2. C-x C-f /usr/local/Emacs.app/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/emacs.png. It looks OK.

3. Now on menu bar click 'Image' and then 'Fit Frame to image'. Question: How to revert (undo) this?

4. Click on menu bar 'Image' and then 'Fit to Window Height'

5. Click on menu bar 'Image' and then 'Fit to Window width'

Repeat 3., 4., 5. in different order... and with various files...

Sometimes (I have tried with several PNG and JPG files), 4. and 5. gives the same result, i.e. a deformed image (which does not maintain the aspect ratio). Is this by design?

Image one is reading a PDF document.. If one want to see the full page, the fitting to window height is the best thing to do.. then to read better one fits to the window width: this does not deform the document, one has only to scroll up/down to continue reading. If then one want to see newly the full page then the choice is to refit to the window height.. 3., 4. 5. above don't look reversible..

It seems one cannot to zoom.. so that the image cannot be visited as in trunk prior Aug 05...

[...]

Ciao,
 Angelo.