Re: Org merging [was Re: next pretest]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Org merging [was Re: next pretest]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:00:22 -0400

> As someone essentially unqualified to comment, I'll keep this short: how
> about checking for an "elpa" target to make? Run it if it exists, do
> nothing if it doesn't.

Of course, but that's not the issue.  The problems are rather:
- The machine on which the GNU ELPA archive is built is a small virtual
  machine, with fairly few software packages installed, currently.
  We can add more, of course.
- Since the GNU ELPA archive is auto-built nightly from the `elpa'
  branch and (inevitably) many people have write access to the `elpa'
  branch, there's a security issue if we run just arbitrary code from
  the `elpa' branch.

        Stefan