Re: Emacs as WM

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: Emacs as WM
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:55:57 +1000

Richard Stallman writes:

> Skype is nonfree software.  It's not a solution, it's a problem.

Agreed. i feel that the most promising practical[1] alternative to Skype
at this point is Jitsi, which is licensed under the LGPL 2.1:

http://www.jitsi.org/

but it seems to me that the project needs a significant influx of
contributors willing and able to fix bugs, implement features / feature
requests, etc.

Alexis.

[1] "Practical" in the sense of, in my experience, being basically
usable by non-technically-oriented users. Which is, unfortunately for
alternatives to Skype, an area in which Skype excels.