Re: Emacs as WM

From: andres . ramirez
Subject: Re: Emacs as WM
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:16:54 -0500

At Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:09:24 -0400,
Richard Stallman wrote:

>     Just when You want to share smth with somebody remotely, right now
>     1. gnu/screen
>     2. vnc, skype or something like that. I have not tried tox yet.
>
> Skype is nonfree software.  It's not a solution, it's a problem.
> I don't know what VNC is; is it free software?  How does it
> solve this problem?

Sure, It is not free software.

> I have some idea what Tox does.
> How would Tox enable people to edit a document together?
> I do not see how it relates.
tox, lets You share your graphical desktop, among other things,
It is alternative to the non free sofware app.
VNC  let You share your graphical desktop without using remote
servers. It is GPL

Rudel lets You share buffer(s). Emacs users could use Emacs+Rudel on
places where tox or VNC were used before realizing about Rudel. On
my opinion the main problem Rudel solves it's sharing a buffer.

Before this thread a lot of people including me did not know about
rudel existence and usability.