Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:32:11 +0200

> I found the reason for this: w32_horizontal_scroll_bar_handle_click
> reported bogus (always -1) values in the Y part of '(X . Y)' member of
> the click event, when I drag the thumb.  That value is not used in L2R
> paragraphs, so L2R buffers were not affected.

I noticed the -1 but attributed it to the fact that I made the thumb
larger by one and decided to take care of this later.  I wouldn't have
suspected this to be the root of almost all evil and would probably have
spent another week looking elsewhere.

> This is now fixed in trunk r117715.

Thanks.  I'll now take care of the other builds.

> Btw, I don't understand why in w32_horizontal_scroll_bar_handle_click
> you overwrite the value reported from GetScrollInfo by
> HIWORD(msg->msg.wParam).  My reading of MSDN documentation is that
> they recommend to do it the other way around, since GetScrollInfo is
> not limited to 16-bit values.  If using the values reported by
> GetScrollInfo doesn't work well, perhaps that's because for
> SB_THUMBTRACK message you need to use SIF_TRACKPOS and si.nTrackPos
> rather than SIF_POS and si.nPos.

I first took everything verbatim from the vertical routines and then
changed what I considered necessary for the horizontal part.  This
specific part obviously remained unchanged.

martin