Re: Emacs as WM

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: Emacs as WM
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:48:24 +0200

On 2014-08-21 at 08:15, Matthew Plant wrote:
> It'd certainly be nice to have some way to share edits across emacs
> clients - one that functions as a minor mode on top of all major
> modes. That would be amazing! You could have an additional comments
> buffer that maps to lines that would be saved to everyone's disk. Code
> reviews could be made on the fly. I don't think there's a single
> programming environment that provides that.

Even more to have it use P2P and something with cryptography and DHTs,
just like Tox… for the short term… then using GNUnet \o/ (and at this
point not only collaborating editing using GNUnet, but also asynchronous
communication with some new Gnus backend, some synchronous communication
with some yet other Emacs IM client (after the semi-dozen of IRC clients
and the XMPP client)).