Re: over-engineered (and under-standardized) inferior interfaces

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: over-engineered (and under-standardized) inferior interfaces
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:29:11 -0400

> * Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> [2014-08-21 16:29:35 -0400]:
>
>> 2. Lack of standardization in interaction and keybindings.
>
> 100% agreement.  FWIW, I have started a `prog-proc-mode', which is
> supposed to be a minor mode used in a programming mode and that makes
> the link to an underlying comint mode.

cool!
why don't you put it into the emacs repo?

also, it would be nice if you could incorporate a solution to my first
gripe by binding default-directory to a user option early.

remember, the process does _not_ have to run on the same box as the file
with the code.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1265
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://truepeace.org http://islamexposedonline.com