Re: Non-ASCII chars in quail rules

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Non-ASCII chars in quail rules
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:29:49 -0400

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 10:00:35 -0400 "Perry E. Metzger"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 08:38:24 -0400 Stefan Monnier
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Do you have a recipe to reproduce your current problem?
>
> I'll construct a minimized version of it and forward that later
> today.

Attached are two files, hacked and cut down versions of rfc1345.el

Both are identical except that in one & is used as the prefix
character and in the other the prefix character is U+2384

In both, F19 is bound to send the character in question, though
indirectly by pushing it back into unread-command-events

Load each in turn and set the input method to "testmode", and then
try typing something like "<F19>Pd". When & is the prefix character,
everything works as expected and you get a pound sign. When U+2384 is
the character, it gets entered into the buffer and nothing otherwise
happens.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden