Re: Everyone, please stop making my life more difficult

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Everyone, please stop making my life more difficult
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:12:28 -0400

> * Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> [2014-09-12 13:47:44 +0200]:
>
> "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> This choice helps avoid collisions.  It is unlikely that one
>> committer will ever manage two commits in the same clock second.
>
> That's pretty easy if you are rebasing.

Are you saying that rebasing changes the timestamp?!
I.e., I make a commit X today and tomorrow rebase (= remove X; pull from
upstream; reapply X) it.
Is X now dated today or tomorrow?
If the answer is "tomorrow", this looks like a bug.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1265
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://www.memritv.org http://honestreporting.com