Re: tabulated-list-revert runs hook before re-printing the table

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: tabulated-list-revert runs hook before re-printing the table
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:43:58 -0400

> You mean that a mode derived from `tabulated-list-mode' would add a function
> to this hook in order to re-compute `tabulated-list-entries'?

That's what it looks like, yes.  Try a "grep tabulated-list-revert-hook
**/*.el" in Emacs's sources and see for yourself.

> Why would a mode do that, rather than just using a function for
> `tabulated-list-entries' that directly returns the list of entries?

I don't know, but my guess is that it's perceived that
tabulated-list-entries would be called too often and would hence be too
taxing on CPU resources?

> Unrelated to that question, could we have a hook run *after*
> `tabulated-list-print' by `tabulated-list-revert'?

It would make sense for it to run after-revert-hook, I guess.

        Stefan