Re: Build failure: emacs-24 branch on MS-Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure: emacs-24 branch on MS-Windows
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 19:59:28 +0300

> Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:10:54 +0200
> From: Dani Moncayo <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs development discussions <address@hidden>
>
> > Do you have uni-bidi.el in the tree?
>
> I don't think so, because "find emacs-24-source-dir -name uni-bidi.el"
> gives me nothing.
>
> But "bzr status" (from emacs-24-source-dir) gives me nothing either,
> so I guess that my source tree is OK.

uni-bidi.el (and the rest of the uni-*.el files) are not in the
repository, so bzr knows nothing about them.  They are built when
Emacs is built.  I have no idea why you don't have that file.

Try removing or renaming lisp/international/charprop.el, and then type
"make" again in the top-level directory.  Both charprop.el and
uni-*.el should then be rebuilt.

> (FWIW, I've just tried to "make bootstrap", but it fails the same way
> as a plain "make").

Are there any other error messages before that, perhaps complaining
about some other missing files?