Re: Image rescaling

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Image rescaling
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 17:42:54 +0300

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:37:21 +0200
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Dmitry Antipov <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > If USE_GTK, why do not rely on gdk_pixbuf_scale?
>
> Not all Emacsen er built with GTK, I think.

Well, not all Emacsen are built with ImageMagick, either, but you were
okay with depending on it, if it wasn't for its crashing.

The gdbk-pixbuf library is also available in Emacs build with RSVG
support, and we even already have code to make an image out of
GdkPixbuf objects in that case.  So I think Dmitry's suggestion is not
something to dismiss too easily.