Re: Emacs Lisp's future

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:10:43 -0400

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Bug report about basic list functionality not working for lists of more
>> than 10009 members:
>>
>> <URL:http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17485>
>
> One of our procedures has a scalability problem.  Summarizing this as
> "basic list functionality not working for lists of more than 10009
> members" is a gross misrepresentation.
>
> I responded within a day or so, and we had a conversation over the next
> few days, but quickly ran into the problem that you wanted to change one
> of our other API procedures in a non-standard way that conflicts with
> our existing behavior, and you simply wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

I should mention that most of the conversation we had regarding this
other API procedure (length+) occurred within another bug report:

  http://bugs.gnu.org/17296

Although it may appear from bug #17485 that I failed to respond to your
last messages, in fact the conversation had shifted to bug #17296 where
you failed to respond to my reasons for rejecting your proposed change.

      Mark