Re: Release-critical bugs

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Release-critical bugs
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 15:40:39 -0400

David Engster wrote:

> What are the remaining bugs which are actually critical for 24.4?

Thanks for asking! :)
I'm not keeping particularly close track myself.

> #18182, for instance; can that be closed?).

I don't think it's fixed, but on the other hand I don't think
anything more is going to happen with it.

> Maybe we could mark the actually release-critical bugs as, say,
> 'critical', and maybe also list them here and discuss how to fix them?

Feel free to do that if you think it will help.
I think using severity in this way was a bit of a quick-and-dirty hack.
Maybe a usertag would have been better.

> Especially the GnuTLS stuff goes way over my head, I'm afraid.

And most people's I think. That's why these are long-term issues that
don't see much progress. It seems far too late to make any changes
related to GnuTLS for this release anyway. But nevertheless they remain
important issues (which is why using severity in this way is not great).

Of the important ones, the only ones I would like to see fixed are:

18334
18444

Neither is truly important, and both could be left unfixed at no great
loss for 24.4, but I think someone should at least have a go...

If there are other issues people would like to draw attention to, they
should do so here I guess.

This release is really dragging...