RE: Image rescaling

From: Mirek Kaim
Subject: RE: Image rescaling
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:03:19 +0200

> From: address@hidden
>
> Mirek Kaim <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> convert to hsl, rescale using bilinear (should be fine for a start),
>> convert back to rgb? that should do the trick i guess. and it should
>> be pretty fast and easy to implement. unic0rn
>
> Yeah, looks pretty easy. When rescaling to a smaller size, some kind of
> blurring (Gaussian seems popular) has to be done first, apparently.

that wouldn't be bilinear anymore i guess. sure, gaussian or lanczos
could be implemented, but for a fast start bilinear or perhaps bicubic
should be sufficient. doing it in hsl colorspace should prevent artifacts,
and the whole thing will be pretty small and easy to code.

unic0rn

ps. i hope my email won't end up in one line this time,
no idea what the hell happened last time :/