Re: Adding packages to ELPA

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Adding packages to ELPA
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:39:32 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:26:46 -0400
>
> So, it's important to be very proactive and to try and get packages into
> GNU ELPA very early on, when the copyright status is much more simple,
> so that the copyright assignments can be collected progressively as the
> contributions get accepted.

Why not add them to Emacs instead?  Having them in Emacs will almost
immediately contribute to their quality, because much more experienced
eyes will look over them.  On top of that, we gain more potential
contributors to Emacs itself, because having write access and a
package in the core naturally leads to more involvement in core
development.