Re: Guile emacs thread (again)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Guile emacs thread (again)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:35:30 -0400

    > Supporting Emacs extensions written in Scheme is part of the goal I
    > had in mind when I proposed this.  That's the tangible benefit that we
    > would get from Scheme support.  If all Scheme does is serve as a platform
    > for Emacs Lisp, it is no real advance.

    Then perhaps the goals of the Guile-Emacs project should be shifted,
    such that the first goal is to have Emacs that can use Scheme
    extensions, and push the goal of having Emacs Lisp based on Scheme
    farther into the future.

The extensions written in Scheme need to interoperate with all the
extensions written in Emacs Lisp.  Whether the roadmap for getting
there ought to be changed, I am not sure.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation