Re: trunk r117969: Font-lock `cl-flet*', too.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: trunk r117969: Font-lock `cl-flet*', too.
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 15:41:13 +0200

() Leo Liu <address@hidden>
() Sun, 28 Sep 2014 16:13:38 +0800

   I noted this problem some time ago but decided not to fontify
   it so that this nonstandard macro doesn't get much use.

It's hard to judge the efficacy of such subtle negative feedback.

   cl-flet* should probably be removed. Common lisp doesn't have
   this macro. Personally I prefer cl-labels when needing
   something like cl-flet*.

Thanks for the tip (i am ignorant of most things Common Lisp).
I think until the time ‘cl-flet*’ is truly removed from Emacs,
there is no harm in it being fontified like the others, but if
you think otherwise and are willing to start the process for its
eventual removal, feel free to revert the change.

[cc added]

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502