Re: Current trunk aborts with MinGW

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Current trunk aborts with MinGW
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:19:48 +0100

On Tue 30 Sep 2014, martin rudalics wrote:

>> 1) which revision of trunk ?
>
> I tried revisions 117981 and now 117983.
>
>> 2) which mingw toolchain and gcc version ?
>
> gcc version 4.6.2.  I have no idea what a mingw toolchain version is.

There are several toolchains:

 a) The Mingw project (www.mingw.org):
    - 32bit gcc (i686-pc-mingw32)

 b) The Mingw64 project (mingw-w64.sourceforge.net):
    - 32bit gcc (i686-w64-mingw32)
    - 64bit gcc (x86_64-w64-mingw32)

It helps to know which one you are using as well as the gcc version.

> The problem is in this part of frame.c
>
>         tem = display_x_get_resource
>           (dpyinfo, SCOPED_STRING (attribute),
>            SCOPED_STRING (class), Qnil, Qnil);
>
> but I have no idea how to investigate this.

Eli has analysed the cause of this, and his patch will hopefully fix
your problem (and several other obscure crashes seen recently).

    AndyM