Re: Emacs Lisp's future

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:15:23 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
> How would a generic UI generator look like in this case? Wouldn't it be
> very complicated to prompt the user for all the dispatcher-menu-UI
> properties? Where to put what on the dispatcher UI?

Look into the packages "makey" and "discover". The former was factored
out of magit and discover was built on top of that.

See:
http://www.masteringemacs.org/articles/2013/12/21/discoverel-discover-emacs-context-menus/

I don't know how "makey" and the corresponding magit code relate
nowadays. I hope they cooperate, but I have no idea. Mickey Petersen
(cc'ed) might tell us more about the current state.

--
Nicolas Richard