RE: Emacs Lisp's future

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:19:21 -0700 (PDT)

> > http://www.masteringemacs.org/articles/2013/12/21/discoverel-
> > discover-emacs-context-menus/
>
> Never heard of these packages, so I just tried to use discover/makey
> with dired for the first time - wow!
>
> Having this kind of UI for all of Emacs would be marvellous, because
> being unable to remember all those keybindings and being too lazy to
> look them up is probably the most limiting factor when using Emacs.
> With this kind of UI everywhere, missing long-term memory and natural
> lazyness could be beaten ...

Yes, this kind of thing is very helpful.

FWIW - Looks like (a subset of) Icicles key completion, to me.  It
is a subset because it is done partially: only for some particular
modes or key prefixes (e.g. Dired mode, `C-x r' prefix).  Icicles
key completion works for all keys, and even for menu-bar bindings.

http://www.emacswiki.org/EmacsNewbieWithIcicles#KeyHelpAndCompletion

http://www.emacswiki.org/Icicles_-_Key_Completion