Re: fill length of visual line mode

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: fill length of visual line mode
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:50:10 -0400

Ivan Kanis wrote:

> I just enabled visual line mode today. I have started using it to
> display gnus article. I noticed that the fill happens at the width of
> the Emacs window. I set fill-column to 70 and I was expecting it to wrap
> there.

This is http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18589 .
(Presumably wrote a blog post or something and this is now flavour of
the week.)

> There is a hack [1] by James Wright to make it work by expanding the
> right margin of the buffer's window.

See comments at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-12/msg00495.html .

    The code you quote seems mostly OK, but I don't know who wrote it, so
    I can't just install it, for copyright reasons.

    If someone can rewrite it and submit a patch, or if the original author
    can submit the patch, I'd be happy to install the feature.