eww and https certificate checking

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: eww and https certificate checking
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:01:05 -0400

On my (admittedly experimental) GNU Guix system, eww in Emacs 24.3.94
fails to do any https certificate checking.  I tried connecting to an
https URL with a self-signed (and long-expired) certificate, and saw no
warnings at all.  Lynx, linked with the same GnuTLS library on the same
system, issues warnings.

Is this problem specific to my system, or do other people see it too?

Given the current widespread concern over internet security, I don't
think this would be well received.  I filed a bug report
<http://bugs.gnu.org/18600>, but wanted to call attention to it
here as well.

      Mark