Re: trunk r117960: * etc/TODO: Add a few entries, remove others, expand

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: trunk r117960: * etc/TODO: Add a few entries, remove others, expand some
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 05:38:00 +0400

On 09/30/2014 04:28 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

And the change be mentioned in NEWS? So that ELisp coders know starting with
which version of Emacs they don't need the workaround anymore.

I think it's too specific to merit mention in NEWS.  NEWS is already
pretty boringly detailed for the average user reading it.

If you say so. I'm not sure the average users are supposed to read the "Lisp Changes" section, though.

Another change I've just found out about is that `condition-case-unless-debug' now works in post-command-hook functions.

I.e. if you `toggle-debug-on-error' and then trigger an error inside `condition-case-unless-debug', the backtrace will pop up. And the function does not get removed from `post-command-hook' either way. Which is very nice all around.

But NEWS just mentions backtraces from failing timers.