Re: History for query replace pairs

From: Tom
Subject: Re: History for query replace pairs
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 05:59:34 +0000 (UTC)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz <at> lifelogs.com> writes:

> I'd like to make this part of the Emacs core, disabled by default. Any
> objections?  I think it's nicer-looking than the current UI.
>
> If not, maybe Tom would like to make it a GNU ELPA package?

If you put it into the core then it won't be available in this
release for users (I guess, because it's new functionality), only
in the next one which may be years away.

For this reason it may be better if you make an elpa (or melpa)
package, because then every user can use it immediately, it can
be polished there and it can be moved into the core later when
it's matured.