Re: Emacs Lisp's future

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 13:10:07 +0200

>  > What do you think?  Do I worry too much [about nothing]? :)
>
> Listen to your Uncle David on this one.  You should treat every
> instance of nil as a biohazard.

That would make about as much sense as treating every bacterium as a
biohazard.  The nil problem is going to be defining the relation between
Elisp and Scheme programming like pointers define the relation between C
and algorithms.

The Fortran language is defined in a manner that when you use aliasing,
anything can happen.

The C language is defined in a manner that when you don't use aliasing,
nothing can happen.

--
David Kastrup