Re: History for query replace pairs

From: Tom
Subject: Re: History for query replace pairs
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 20:17:53 +0000 (UTC)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz <at> lifelogs.com> writes:

> This is just my opinion, though.  It's your code and you're free to
> submit it to the GNU ELPA or any other archive :)  Just let us know what
> you prefer soon so we can move on with it.

I don't really plan to do anything more with it. It was an idea
and I implemented just a quick proof of concept to test the idea, so
this code served its purpose.

The important part is the concept and I think in practice it's better
than the current replace history interface.

It should be reimplemented properly. I created it in a quick and dirty
way using shortcuts (e.g it matches the prompt with a regexp to test
if it's in query-replace which surely is not the proper way).

The code is quite short, so redoing it properly should not be hard.
(And it must be done anyway if you want to put it into the core
or ELPA, because I haven't signed copyright stuff.)

I don't plan to do it, so it's up for grabs.