Re: Problems with emacs 25 (master branch)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Problems with emacs 25 (master branch)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:12:07 +0200

Cédric Chépied <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Cédric,

> I updated my master branch yesterday and this morning I got some bad
> surprises.
>
> I can't open my org agenda anymore (diary is retrieved with tramp):
>   Tramp: Inserting `/ssh:*************/.diary'...done
>   diary-list-entries: Symbol's function definition is void:
> fancy-diary-display
>
> And then it just displays:
>   Week-agenda (W41):
> In the *Org Agenda* buffer

It seems `fancy-diary-display' has been renamed to
`diary-fancy-display'.  In your config, you probably have

  (setq diary-display-function 'fancy-diary-display)

and now you need to use

  (setq diary-display-function 'diary-fancy-display)

Or even better, you can just delete it from your configuration since
that's the default value with Emacs 25.

> Newsticker also has problems:
>   if: Symbol's value as variable is void: newsticker--download-logos [2 times]
> It does not display any images anymore (I'm using w3m as HTML renderer). This
> is

In the current newsticker.el there's no `newsticker--download-logos'
variable.  Probably that has been renamed to
`newsticker-download-images'.  However, setting a non-existent variable
in your config won't have any effects, so I'm not sure if it's your
fault or it is wrong in the emacs version you are using.  At least the
current newsticker.el looks correct.

What you can do is M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET and reproduce the error
above.  That will show a buffer with a backtrace which you can post
here.

Bye,
Tassilo