Re: [Emacs-diffs] ImageMagick Support on Windows

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] ImageMagick Support on Windows
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 23:33:38 +0200

I have amended the patches and currently they look as attached. However, I think we have a problem here. After applying them, during the build, the "./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap" command crashes when it reaches:

I cannot say 100% what could be the cause of this, but I can give my 99% that this is because some ImageMagick library has not been loaded. If you look at one of my previous messages:

Nevertheless, on the linking stage I see:

-lMagickWand-6.Q16HDRI -lMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI

So these are the import libraries needed to resolve utilized ImageMagick functions. Their respective DLLs on my system are:

libMagickWand-6.Q16HDRI-2.dll
libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI-2.dll

It means that we should somehow add these 2 libraries as mandatory to the "dynamic-library-alist". But from what I infer from the documentation, this:

'(imagemagick "libMagickWand-6.Q16HDRI-2.dll" "libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI-2.dll")

is not the correct way of doing that since this sublist, in fact, represents alternatives to the same single library. In other words, I don't see how certain feature can be assigned more than one mandatory DLL.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the subject. Please, review the patches first, so that we can be sure that the problem indeed stems from what I just described rather than something else preceding it.