Re: Emacs Lisp's future

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:51:12 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
>> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
>>  > My point is that those other projects need to learn from Emacs first.
>>
>> Could be you're right, but sadly, I doubt anyone is going to bother.
>
> Too bad.

With regard to GUILE, not learning from Emacs before taking over its
multilingual support is not really much of an option.  I rather doubt
that the current "fair is foul, and foul is fair" chants will be
sufficient for convincing existing users to abandon the evil encodings
they have been comfortable dabbling in so far due to the forbidden arts
of Emacs.

"Be thankful you can no longer avail yourself of this tool for this
purpose" works better in religious settings.

--
David Kastrup