replying to Debbugs

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: replying to Debbugs
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:59:23 +0000

[…]

 >> [ How did you end up with address@hidden in the
 >> "To:" field?  ]

 > This is going to make Glenn unhappy.  I posted it via Usenet, for
 > lack of getting a CC of my original bug report to which I could've
 > replied.  It seems the bug-gnu-emacs mail server has been
 > reconfigured not to send CCs to people involved by default, and I'm
 > not subscribed to bug-gnu-emacs at the moment.

        You can access the mailing list archive via NNTP at [1].  This
        particular version comes with ‘Message-Id:’s intact, so the
        follow-ups tend /not/ to break threads.

        My advice would, however, be to send replies to the messages
        there via email (/not/ over NNTP), possibly changing the header
        to use the relevant bug’s email address, like:

To: address@hidden

        (The above is actually the approach I primarily use.)

        Alternatively, you can download a copy of any specific message –
        or of the whole archive (in mbox format) at once – from the
        respective bug report’s Web page (e. g., [2].)

[1] nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs
[2] http://debbugs.gnu.org/18725

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A