Mysterious differences in nsselect.m

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Mysterious differences in nsselect.m
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 18:16:53 -0400

Could someone explain to me why we have both "ns-own-selection-internal"
and "ns-store-selection-internal"?

They both end up calling ns_string_to_pasteboard_internal, but one with
a nil gtype and the other with a NSStringPboardType gtype, so it seems
that in the case of ns-store-selection-internal we set the "pasteboard"
for all selection types, where in the case of ns-own-selection-internal
we only set the pasteboard for the NSStringPboardType type.

FWIW, I don't know what it means to set a pasteboard for a particular
selection type, nor to set it for all selection types.

Would it be OK to drop ns-store-selection-internal and only use
ns-own-selection-internal instead?

        Stefan