Re: Aborting display. Is this possible?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Aborting display. Is this possible?
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:56:56 -0400

> If, after processing this single PageDown key, the input queue is
> empty (as it is when you lean on the key, because Emacs finishes the
> above processing in less time than the auto-repeat interval), Emacs
> enters redisplay.

This is the case when processing the scroll-up-command takes less time
than the repeat rate.

> Now, what happens when you release the key?  The input queue is still
> full of unprocessed PageDown keys.

If processing a single scroll-up-command takes less time than the repeat
rate, the input queue should never have many unprocessed PageDown events
(that's the whole reason why we check the input queue before entering
redisplay).

So I still don't understand why we see this long delay when releasing
the key.

        Stefan