Re: Elpa packages and macro dependencies.

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Elpa packages and macro dependencies.
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:25:01 +0100

> > (with-demoted-errors
> >   (load (expand-file-name autoload-name pkg-dir) nil t)
> >   ;; Call `load' on all files in `pkg-dir' which correspond to
> >   ;; provided features. Skip autoloads file since we already
> >   ;; evaluated it above.
> >   (mapcar (lambda (file) (load (expand-file-name file pkg-dir) nil t))
> >           ;; The autoloads file is usually not a feature, but better stay safe.
> >           (remove autoload-name (package-list-loaded-files pkg-dir))))
>
> Pretty hackish, but it might work.

For what it's worth, it doesn't look too hackish to me.
Emacs already works under the assumption that features correspond to
filenames and that filenames are unique. We're just building on that assumption.

> We might also want to force the `autoload' calls in autoload-name to
> replace the existing definitions with autoloads.

Maybe I misunderstood your earlier e-mail, but didn't you show that autoloads updated just fine with regular loading?