Re: Aborting display. Is this possible?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Aborting display. Is this possible?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:25:20 +0000

Hi, Michael.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 01:00:46PM -0400, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> > I'd posit that the absolute correctness isn't all that important after an
> > auto-repeating PageDown.  For an individual PageDown keystroke, the
> > fontification and scrolling would be done accurately as now.

> Please be careful.  If you were to change things such that C-v might
> scroll heuristically instead of "correctly", please make sure this
> behavior is controlled by a configuration value.

Don't worry.  What I'm proposing would only kick in on an auto-repeat
C-v.  The test would be whether or not another event is in the event
queue, and if so, to bypass the font-locking until display happens.  This
wouldn't affect a single C-v.

> When I am trying to recreate cc-mode problems in order to make bug
> reports, it is very important that I can recreate the problem exactly.
> It would be very strange if C-v run manually ended up in a different
> location than C-v in a macro, for example.

That is an important use case indeed.  ;-)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).