Re: Aborting display. Is this possible?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Aborting display. Is this possible?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:43:49 +0300

> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:38:07 +0000
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
>
> The option (haven't got a good name for it yet, so let's just call it
> "Foo") would cause the display engine to bypass fontification whenever
> the event queue is non-empty.

Don't forget that as long as redisplay is working, we don't call
read_socket_hook, so the queue is not being filled up.  IOW, more
input might be available, just not yet known to Emacs.

> Instead, it would assume all characters without a `face' property
> had the Foo property.

Based on what?  Just on the fact that there's some input?  And who and
how will set and reset that option, and under what circumstances?