Re: default-frame-alist vs. initial-frame-alist

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: default-frame-alist vs. initial-frame-alist
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:46:02 -0400

> This is the expected behavior, as described in the User Manual (see
> the node "Frame Parameters").  Emacs always worked like that.

I still don't get it.  The manual you quote says:

   You can control the default appearance and behavior of all frames by
   specifying a default list of "frame parameters" in the variable
    default-frame-alist .  Its value should be a list of entries, each
   specifying a parameter name and a value for that parameter.  These
   entries take effect whenever Emacs creates a new frame, including the
   initial frame.

So, it seems to agree with Tjernlund that adding entries to
default-frame-alist should be sufficient to affect the initial frame.

        Stefan