Re: Referring to revisions in the git future.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Referring to revisions in the git future.
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:11:59 -0400

> Is it going to be possible to express such ideas in our git world, in any
> meaningful way?

FWIW I have basically never used Bzr's revno in conversations.
There's no question that they're handy, and I've used them, but I think
that dates work well enough in practice as a replacement (with pretty
much the same downsides).  Just replace

    "That was fixed in revision 118147, have you updated since then?"
with
    "That was fixed on Sep 23, have you updated since then?"

        Stefan