Re: gfile-based file notifications are not immediate

From: Dima Kogan
Subject: Re: gfile-based file notifications are not immediate
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 19:23:45 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Even if kqueue works, I think it's better not to try and support it
> (just like it would be better not to support inotify) if there's
> a library (such as glib) which we can use and which shields us from all
> those issues.

By the way, if in some hypothetical future we drop support for inotify
in favor of glib, then we don't need to do the thing where we monitor a
file's directory instead of the file itself, as described here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-01/msg00178.html

glib already does this, so emacs doing too is an unnecessary
complication and a form of wheel-reinventing.