Re: Referring to revisions in the git future

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: Referring to revisions in the git future
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:31:56 -0400

Ivan Shmakov <address@hidden>:
>       … Except that it’s virtually impossible to fix a typo in a Git
>       commit message, while it’s easy to fix one in a ChangeLog.

I have a little script called "editcomment" that does this.  You can
only use it before the commit has been pusged, though.

The tension here is fundamental. You can have easy typo fixes, or you
can have a record that is both reliable and snared, but not both. I
think the latter is more important than the former.