Re: gfile-based file notifications are not immediate

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: gfile-based file notifications are not immediate
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:40:29 +0100

"Perry E. Metzger" <address@hidden> writes:

> Perhaps Emacs can define some sort of higher level
> API that each port of Emacs can implement (or not) as part of the
> system specific code for the platform.

This high level API exist and is called filenotify.el. In Emacs 24.4, it
supports inotify, gfile (glib), and the MS Windows file notification
library.

If people on BSD/OS X do not want to use glib, somebody shall write
kqueue support. But it is said to be a hassle, so I wouldn't recommend
it.

> Perry

Best regards, Michael.