Re: [elpa] branch externals/auctex updated (8a181ee -> a54b985)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [elpa] branch externals/auctex updated (8a181ee -> a54b985)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 14:48:57 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> tsdh pushed a change to branch externals/auctex
>> in repository elpa.
>
>>       from  8a181ee   release 11.87.7
>>        new  a54b985   Update to AUCTeX 11.88
>
> NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Why on earth did you not "git merge" from AUCTeX's repository?

I didn't even know I could!?!  I still lived under the impression that
the ELPA auctex repo and the main AUCTeX repo are still completely
separate.  Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Uh, but well, we're currently having a patch in the TODO queue that puts
everything what's in the auctex preview subdirectory into top-level so
that we then have the very same structure at both ends.  And then I
wanted to ask you if we could arrange it that ELPA auctex and main
auctex (where we probably need to put some generated files under VCS
that can't be generated on ELPA) are actually the very same thing.  So
from your reaction, it seems that this has already been the case...

Bye,
Tassilo