Re: Generalizing find-definition

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: Generalizing find-definition
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 19:35:14 +0100

On Sun, 02 Nov 2014 19:14:55 +0100
Helmut Eller <address@hidden> wrote:

> For SLIME, we would happily use the "standard" find-definition
> infrastructure if it comes with a good UI.

Thank you for the feedback.

Could you elaborate a bit on what you'd like to see for "a good UI"? My
idea so far was to simply have modes provide a function that returns a
marker or nil, while the function can check for interactive calls if it
wants to, and use that in the usual go to location in same
window/other window/other frame and go back. But I'm very open to ideas
to make this better.

Regards,
Jorgen