Re: "Readability" feature in eww

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: "Readability" feature in eww
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 12:10:45 +0100

Sounds great with the Readability key!

> But tweaking is necessary for it to be ... better.  If anybody has ideas
> for tweaks or better algorithms, please be my guest and have at it.

I would love a hook so that I could do something like:

  (while (<= (point) (point-max))
         (fill-paragraph) (forward-paragraph))

Since by default line length seems to be a function of Emacs's window
width.

A built-in algorithm would maybe be better as it could try to
determine if whatever-at-point is a text paragraph (versus a link or a
table or whatever).

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
To err is human. To screw up 10⁶ times per second, you need a computer