Re: "Readability" feature in eww

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: "Readability" feature in eww
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 23:51:26 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> It'd be great if you could make this extraction method flexible, similar
> to the 'washing' feature from Gnus, so that users could hook their own
> methods for extracting the main content into eww. The user would provide
> an extraction function and the corresponding regexp that matches against
> the URL, or optionally also against the source to match things like the
> 'generator' meta-tag.

Well, the best is if we find a solution that works out of the box,
because then all users can just, like, use it.  >"?

The current heuristics are probably too simple, but I've been going
through bunches of pages, and it already seems to basically do what
you'd expect it to do, which surprises me, sort of.