Re: default-frame-alist vs. initial-frame-alist

From: Tjernlund
Subject: Re: default-frame-alist vs. initial-frame-alist
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 21:13:59 +0100

On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 08:55 +0100, martin rudalics wrote:
>  > app-editors/emacs:
>  >
>  >       Installed versions:  24.4(24)(21:17:20 21/10/14)(X acl alsa dbus
>  > gif gnutls gpm gtk gtk3 inotify jpeg png svg tiff xpm zlib -Xaw3d -aqua
>  > -athena -games -gconf -gfile -gsettings -gzip-el -hesiod -imagemagick
>  > -kerberos -libxml2 -livecd -m17n-lib -motif -pax_kernel -selinux -sound
>  > -source -toolkit-scroll-bars -wide-int -xft)
>
> Hmm... I still have no idea which build you're using.  What does C-h C-a
> tell?

This is GNU Emacs, one component of the GNU/Linux operating system.

GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-10-21 on jocke

Authors Many people have contributed code included in GNU Emacs
Contributing    How to contribute improvements to Emacs

GNU and Freedom Why we developed GNU Emacs, and the GNU operating system
Absence of Warranty     GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Copying Conditions      Conditions for redistributing and changing Emacs
Getting New Versions    How to obtain the latest version of Emacs
Ordering Manuals        Buying printed manuals from the FSF

Emacs Tutorial  Learn basic Emacs keystroke commands
Emacs Guided Tour       See an overview of Emacs features at gnu.org

>  > You don't see the odd foreground change or the need to set both lists?
>
> No.  And AFAICT nobody could reproduce it so far.

Strange, I see this both at home and at work too:

GNU Emacs 24.3.92.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2014-07-07 on gentoo-jocke