Re: sequence manipulation functions

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: sequence manipulation functions
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 22:59:07 +0100

> However, the message I responded to did not talk about adding
> documented standard functions to Emacs.  It proposed a library that
> could be loaded.  That is a different kind of issue.

That's not what I meant but it's my fault. I should probably have added
these functions to subr.el or subr-x.el and sent a patch with the
documentation updated. I didn't stress enough that I wanted to add
documented standard functions to Emacs.

But as Stefan suggested, I'm rewriting it with "seq-" as a prefix. It
makes sense for several reasons. Also, I compared it with the new
string-manipulation functions in subr-x.el, and they all use "string-"
as a prefix.

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton