Re: Turning off colorization

From: Wolfgang Jenkner
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 19:00:38 +0100

On Thu, Nov 06 2014, N. Jackson wrote:

> It's very rare to get buffer text that's unreadable[1], except when
> reading HTML mail in Gnus[2] where I very frequently get presented
> with a medium grey text on a medium grey background or a very dark
> text on my normal black background.

If you are satisfied with an ad hoc solution for this problem the
following snippet (eval'ed with M-: in the article buffer) should work
with a graphical version of emacs (at least with the built-in html
renderer, viz. shr.el).  You can then go back to the colourized version
by simply redisplaying the article (`g' in the summary or article
buffer).

(let ((fg (face-foreground 'default))
      (bg (face-background 'default)))
  (with-silent-modifications
    (font-lock-prepend-text-property (point-min) (point-max)
                                     'face `(:foreground ,fg :background ,bg))))