Re: Turning off colorization

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:59:05 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Yes, I think this question has indeed popped up a few times already.
>> I've just looked into the Gnus manual, and I guess it would fit well in
>> section (info "(gnus)HTML").
>>
>> I'll go give it a try to update that section...
>
> Thank you.
>
> It seems like most (all?) of shr documentation is in eww.texi, so
> perhaps you should do it there instead.

I think the HTML article section is the place users will have a look
first, and that was outdated anyway.  So now it mentions shr, and
there's a footnote that points to a new Gnus FAQ entry 4.16:

Question 4.16

How can I ensure more contrast when viewing HTML mail?

Answer

Gnus’ built-in simple HTML renderer (you use it if the value of
‘mm-text-html-renderer’ is ‘shr’) uses the colors which are declared in
the HTML mail.  However, it adjusts them in order to prevent situations
like dark gray text on black background.  In case the results still have
a too low contrast for you, increase the values of the variables
‘shr-color-visible-distance-min’ and ‘shr-color-visible-luminance-min’.

But yes, I think the two variables should be documented in eww.texi,
too.  I've just done that.

> In any case, please have a cross-reference from the other manual to
> where this is described.

Ok, that's now also in place (Gnus -> EWW).

Bye,
Tassilo